Upgrade proceedure from 1.3 to 1.4(1)m

Cisco UCS Upgrade from 1.3 to 1.4(1)m
Please see the below two links for the full step by step guide to performing the upgrade.

Part 1

Part 2

About these ads

About ucsguru

Principal Consultant and Cisco UCS Subject Matter Expert
This entry was posted in Upgrade and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Upgrade proceedure from 1.3 to 1.4(1)m

1. Mike C says:

nice video thanks

2. Tyler Durden says:

Very informative and was helpful to get me from 1.4 to 2.0 code on my UCS environment. Interestingly enough I made the mistake of attempting to upgrade my UCS chassis FEX modules and reboot them before upgrading the FIs. The FEX modules defaulted back after the failed attempt to the original stable code. I should have followed these sooner, would have saved me the time.

3. Mike says:

Hi,

Thanks for sharing this. If this also apply to udpate from 1.4 (2b) to 2.1 ?

4. Wade says:

Does the CNA card update performed through the UCS GUI update the actual drive on the OS ie VMware, Windows??

• ucsguru says:

Hi Wade
      The CNA update, only updates the FW of the CNA, to upgrade / Patch the OS you just use the usual tools i.e. VUM, WSUS etc..
      Regards
      Colin

• Wade says:

Thanks! Also the upgrade guide seems to indicate the cross firmware support for 2.1 requiers server FW to be at 2.0(4), my servers are running 2.0(2q) does this mean we need to perform a two step upgrade 2.0(2q) to 2.0(4) than to 2.1?

5. Pingback: Upgrade proceedure from 1.3 to 1.4(1)m | Hullopanda